7.06.2011

THE WAY I USED TO BE

I was a man of conviction.

I was a man with great vision.

I was a potent force that rigorously gyrating to blow up.

I was a planner.

I was an organizer.

I believed I had an eye for details.

I was always on the move. I was not an all-day-sitter.

I meant to be great.

I had a big dream.

It was a dream of a lifetime.

It was me before I faced the real world, before I entered the corporate world and before I forgot who I used to be.

*      *     *     *     *

Two years since I graduated from college.

I did things that were predictable.

I joined a company meant to earn a living. Well, that is the primary purpose of getting and working for a job. Otherwise, what the heck should I do with my life!

I am staying with the first company that I joined. Without any choice I guess, fourteen months has already passed.

I could feel that I am stuck.

I lost my passion.

I could not hold on to my purpose.

I could not see a better career direction.

I feel dumb. Well, that is the result of anti-neurotic practices of just letting things happen as you are told so. Not really 100%. A major blame should be thrown at the culture of human stagnancy. But no one cares except yourself, right?

This will just be a stop. (Yeah! Some kind of a bus stop.)

A one of hundred steps to reach for something higher.

*      *      *      *     *


After watching this video, a flickered in my inner passion was sufficient to do something.

I need to find the old Alvin.

The passionate Alvin. :)

The visionary.

The planner and organizer.

The remarkable one.

(This is my space so bragging about myself is allowed. Hihihi!)

4 comments:

  1. when you are doing what you love to do, no one has to motivate you...BUT when the fire lost its flame then you better need to build another one, otherwise, you will be stuck in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's the spirit. From time to time, you find yourself wondering how far can you go with your dreams but only one person can realize that goal. And that is you! No matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes, you have to close your eyes and take a deep breath, then find that fire within you which is there all along waiting to be found.

    ReplyDelete